Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Ode to Blankie

Blankie is a dear member of the family. Maddie and her blankie are inseperable. She has loved this blanket since she was 3 months old. She refuses to go to sleep without it. She likes to "wear" blankie... as a shawl wrapped around her neck and shoulders, as a cape, and as a turban around her head.

We are trying to help her seperate a little from blankie, so we have her leave it in the house if we are going to run an errand. She runs and tucks it away behind a couch cushion or under a table and proclaims, "Blankie is alllll safe. You stay right there, Blankie!"
 
I've noticed Blankie is present in a lot of her pictures....

On road trips- 

At Grandma's House- 

Watching TV with Dada - Love her little hand in this picture :) 

At Target in the freezer section-

We have to wash it 3 or 4 times a week because it gets so filthy being dragged around the house and outside. As it's going through the cycle in the washing machine, she frequently stands in front of the washer and reassures everyone that blankie is in the washer getting "Allllll clean!" In reality, she's really just reassuring herself. She is in charge of moving the blankie from the washer to the dryer. And it is a glorious time when Maddie and Blankie are finally reunited. They hug and snuggle and celebrate!

This blog is our family journal and I want to remember her love affair with Blankie, so thanks for indulging me in this silly post.

3 comments:

The Milloys said...

I love the blankie and the freezer section. Sometimes I wish I had a blankie for the freezer section, too!

The Desatoff Family said...

Ha! I love that little girl :) She is so funny and I appreciate you posting about her blankie love affair. It is a big part of her life! The turban is by far my favorite. So smart to bring Blankie to keep her warm :)

Katie said...

Silly posts are the absolute best. They are the ones that fill us in on the real Milloy life! I think blogs without fun quirky posts are boring and not real life. That being said, the turban picture made me laugh. I love it! Miss you guys!