Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Maddie is learning so much, so quickly! She recognizes and names colors, shapes, letters, and numbers. She can draw circles and she loves to practice counting!
Here she is at Grandma Milloy's house playing with an animal pop-up toy. She sits and names all the animals (my personal favorites are "ji-rap" for giraffe and "burr" for bear) and counts the numbers on top of the boxes.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Maddie wanted to give the puppy her blankie, but the puppy wanted to play. Then, it turned into a game...
This all happened right before bed time, so when it was time for Maddie to go to sleep, she had a complete meltdown because the puppy was still at her house and she couldn't play with it. Brandon put the puppy in her crib with her and she laid right down and said, "Night, night!" Oh dear, I think Maddie may need a dog.
Monday, May 17, 2010
- Blueberry muffins are "cupcakes" & doughnuts are "cookies"
- She has taken up private reading time in her room. She sits quietly in her room in her Pottery Barn armchair and reads, "Goodnight Moon" to herself. She says "Night night moon!" as she turns each page.
- Sings "Old McDonald Had a Farm" mumbling all the words until E-I-E-I-O comes, which sounds more like "Yi-Yi-Yi-Yi-O!"
- Maddie is obsessed with the boats and each time she sees one of them, she yells "Da BOOP!!!"
- She LOVES her life jacket, which she affectionately calls "jacket". She wears it around the house and spends hours clicking and unclicking the belts.
- She manipulates us by asking for something and then says, "O-kay!" like she's already decided she's getting it. For example, she'll say, "More peas? O-kay!".
- And, my favorite, she gives you the tightest, shakiest little hug she can around your neck and says "happy." It makes my heart melt to hear the happiness in her little voice.