Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer Memories

The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.
Robert Bridges
Maddie and one of her best friends Easton soaking up summer.

Summer is a sacred time in a child's life. Brandon and I both had the most wonderful childhoods and have such fun summer memories. Childhood summers are made for soaking up sunshine, exploring the world, running in sprinklers, getting dirty, and having bare feet in the grass.

We are so looking forward to this summer with Maddie. She is so curious about EVERYTHING and she reminds us of the important things. Like how interesting roley poleys are, how delicious summer watermelon is, and how much fun it is to run through the sprinklers with your clothes on.

2 comments:

The Desatoff Family said...

Maddie is so wise for being so young. It really is all about the simple pleasures in life. Thank goodness we have kids to remind us :) Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mommies I know!

Love you!

PS - I love the picture of Maddie with the hose curved over. She looks like she is posing :) And her little friend, Easton is just content to sit back and watch her. So cute!

The Grandmoo said...

Lovely memories of summer and all the fun you can have. Maddie is looking more like a little girl than a toddler. She is so beautiful. When I was little we had family picnics, swimming at the Lake, playing in the back yard on my swing set. I bet I hung upside down on my swing set bar a good part of my summer. Remembering is always fun. Take care love ya Your Grams