Thursday, September 25, 2008
1. I am OCD about putting on my deodorant. I go back and forth 3 times on my left armpit and 4 times on my right armpit. Why? I have no idea! I just do it this way and if I don't, it feels weird.
2. I am obsessed with price matching at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart will price match other store's ads. So, every Wednesday when the grocery ads come out, it's like Christmas for me! I scour the ads and find out what cheapo treasures I am going to buy that week. The cashiers have become more astute at people trying to cheat the system (like, saying things are on sale when they aren't) so they have the ads up at the cash registers now. When I tell them milk is on sale for $1.99/gallon and they smugly say, "At what store?", I get a feeling of satisfaction whipping out my Albertson's ad and saying, "Albertsons!".
3. I will not buy generic peanut butter. I have no bias against the store brand of most things. I love Wal-Mart's Great Value brand or Costco's Kirkland brand. It's all tastes the same to me, but is way cheaper. However, that philosophy stops when we are talking about peanut butter. I will only buy JIF peanut butter. I can't say that generic peanut butter is gross, because I've never tried it. But good peanut butter is too important to me... so why chance it?
4. It is my mission in life to find the cheapest price. Literally. If I am already at Costco where milk is $2.50/gallon, but I know Wal-Mart has it for $1.99/gallon, I will get back in my car and drive to Wal-Mart to save 50 cents. I know the fuel costs far outweigh the cost savings, but I don't care! There's a better deal somewere else and I WILL take advantage of it!
5. At least 75% of my brain is occupied with music trvia information. Turn on the radio, and I can almost guarantee I know the artist, song title, and the lyrics to any song. Why do I know every word to "Rappers Delight" by the Sugar Hill Gang? Why do I know every 80's song within the first few notes? Must be a gift! This "gift" of mine has gotten so out of control, our family made a game out of it. "Music Trivia" was created during a road trip. It consists of playing random songs off my iPod and seeing who can yell the artist's name first. Music Trivia has evolved to the point of a rule book, a pass around "Music Trivia Champion" trophy, a sudden death round, and an annual end of the year "Milloy Music Trivia Championship." The winner is named the Music Trivia Champion of the Year and gets the big, coveted trophy with their name on it. And of course, bragging rights for an entire year. Derrick, your year is coming to an end... you'd better start practicing! :)
6. I have a shower routine. I don't know if this is normal, probably not. I have a set routine in the shower. Shampoo, face wash, conditioner, body wash, shaving. In that exact order, every time, for the last million showers I have taken. If I get out of my routine, I'm all mixed up.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I was trying to get Maddie to smile, but she wanted to give me kisses instead.Here are some Maddie smiles!
Here are Maddie and her dad after her blessing-
My family (minus a couple of brothers-in-law... we missed you McKay & Russell!)
All my sisters - in age order!Tyler, Adam & Maddie - The first cousins picture with Maddie - so fun!
Maddie's grandma reading her a bedtime story - so adorable!