Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Maddie is TWO!

We had so much fun in California for Maddie's second birthday party this weekend! Her birthday party theme was hot pink, black, & rhinestones - because I love having a girly girl! We had her party at the Ridge's beautiful home and Brittany made the most amazing cake and cupcakes ever! She is so talented!
Here is the candy bar buffet for guests to take home sweet treats with them.
This cake was SO gorgeous! It was painful to cut into it!
Some framed prints of Maddie's 2 year photo shoot next to the cupcakes...
Close up of the cupcakes... They were beautiful AND delicious!
And here's the birthday girl!
If you have been following our family blog for any length of time, you know my Maddie refuses to smile on command. Most of her pictures are of her frowning or giving you "the Brandon look" (click here for an example). I am beyond excited to have a picture of a REAL Maddie smile. I wuv my baby girl!
The loot....
A picture of mingling at the party - I love our huge family so much! We ate Pizza Chalet for lunch and it was so yummy! We always find an excuse to get Pizza Chalet when we come home to Yucaipa.
The beautiful Ridge girls...
minus Emma, who was probably playing with Maddie. Those two are best buddies and have tons of fun together.
Opening presents!
Maddie got an Ariel Barbie doll from me and Brandon. Since I have the inside Mom information, I knew she would love it. She watches "The Little Mermaid" multiple times during the day and she also loves Barbies, so it was a perfect combination.
Grandma & Grandpa Eatough got her a Mrs. Potato Head - another hit! She loves Toy Story and instantly fell in love with Mrs. Potato Head. She spent the rest of the weekend assembling Mrs. Potato Head.
I should have had her open Ariel last because all she wanted was Ariel out of the box while we were trying to open the rest of the presents. Eventually, Ariel made it out of the box. This birthday was an Ariel windfall... she got an Ariel nightgown, Ariel birthday cards, & the Ariel Barbie. Some of the other fun presents she got were a Toy Story ball pit from Aunt Jessica (which Maddie & Jasmine lived in the rest of the weekend), tons of awesome books from everyone, and lots of super cute clothes. Thanks everyone!

Grandma & Grandpa Eatough and Maddie!
Maddie and her magnificent birthday cake!

Brandon & Derrick have discovered a new hobby in the past few weeks - rocket launching. They built this rocket and we have had several launches, including this one at the Yucaipa Community Park. It is way louder than you think it will be and it shoots so high in the air, you can't see it anymore.

Here is the group prepping for the rocket launch. I love how Jasmine is right in the middle of the action, checking everything out.
Some cousin love at the park ... these two are so fun together.

A video of the cousins at the park...
We also went swimming at Grandma Eatough's house. Maddie thought it was hysterical that mom's dog Chance will jump into the pool to chase balls, so she was content throwing balls for him all afternoon. Kristen & Richard came swimming too. Kristen has a rocking tan from working as a lifeguard at Pharaoh's all summer. And Richard has always had a great tan since he was a baby.

Richard tried to dunk me, but he forgot I spent 5 years on the swim and water polo teams. I handled him.

Thanks to everyone who helped pull together Maddie's party, to everyone who came to celebrate, & to everyone who brought Maddie fun gifts! We missed everyone who couldn't make it. We love you all!

Oh... and just in case you missed our last post...

Baby Milloy #2 is on its way! I am almost 4 months already. After the miscarriage earlier this year, we wanted to wait a while to spill the beans so we could make sure everything was progressing well. My due date is January 27th... but we all know this baby will not make its debut until February. Maddie was over a week late when she was induced! I am starting to come out of the nauseous stage - thank goodness.

4 comments:

The Grandmoo said...

We had a great time at Maddie's two year old bash! Just love seeing everyone celebrating . Your blog just gets better and better. I love reading and seeing your new adventures. Your photos keep us all up to date and like we live next door in Apache Junction. Lots of fun!

Schad fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is Awesome! Im so excited to hear!

Janae said...

Glad the party went well! Maddie is adorable as usual (She's always had the prettiest eyes! I'm so jealous :p)
And I'm still hoping I can find a minute to try my hand at making one of those cute tutus.
Congrats on your pregnancy! That is so exciting!

The Desatoff Family said...

I know I left comments on Facebook, but I loved how Maddie's party came out. So cute! And by the way, that is a super cute green shirt you are wearing :)