Friday, August 20, 2010

An Arizona Thunderstorm

This week, we had a pretty impressive monsoon storm pass over our house. We got almost 2 inches of rain in just about an hour. There was plenty of thunder and lightning too! We went storm chasing in the Toureag and found lots of flooded roads and super heavy rain. We LOVE the rain - it cooled the temperature down from 105 degrees to 70 degrees within an hour.

When we got back, Maddie ran around in the rain until she was completely soaked. She had tons of fun jumping in puddles and spinning around in the rain with her excited arms. She called the thunder "airplane" - I guess thunder does sort of sound like an airplane. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures and video... the camera was dead, so I took all this with my phone.
 

1 comment:

The Grandmoo said...

I remember when I was little,we vacationed in Floirida and I would go outside when the rain came and play and dance just like Maddie. So much fun!~!~ Great memoreies. Love shareing childhood time and play time.