Monday, January 4, 2010

Maddie Ramblings

You know that phrase that talks about children playing at their mother's feet? My Maddie does this. She brings her books and puzzles into the kitchen and literally sits on my feet while I cook dinner. And I love it. Most nights, she dumps out the Tupperware cabinet and scatters storage containers all around my feet... its kind of like an obstacle course.
She also loves to see what I'm cooking for dinner. She is very good at stirring and saying, "Hot!" I usually end up holding her in one arm & cooking with the other because I can't resist those upstretched arms and big innocent eyes.
Here are some recent videos of Maddie and her travels about the house...
Maddie likes to hide in the bathroom cabinets. She has a good time sitting in the cabinet and throwing things out of it.
Maddie loves to dance. In the car, at home, at the store. She dances at church when the organ starts playing. And she dances when her Dad plays Journey on the piano. Maddie has patented the "Maddie Sway" dance move. The second video is my favorite. It starts out with the infamous Maddie arm pump. I have no idea where she got it from but I love it. It always makes me laugh out loud.

4 comments:

The Desatoff Family said...

What a lucky girl Maddie is! She gets to listen to live Journey whenever she wants :) I love the swaying. She's like in her own little dream world! I can't wait until she starts talking in sentences. She is going to be hilarious!

The Grandmoo said...

Well, Maddie is a swaying fool and arm pumper., Too funny. I love the way she just does her own thing. Cupboards and all. I didn't know Brandon could play piano. Very nifty. On ward to 2010. Love it all, your Grandmoo

Millionaira said...

LOL cracks me up that i could slap denna's head on her body and other than the arm pump they dance identically LOL

and you can relay to your hubby that journey is literally like my fave band ever!!!

Kim said...

Corey- We HAVE to get Denna & Maddie together one of these days! I will definitely relay the message to Brandon... he'll be happy to drive up there and perform a live concert for you! :) Miss you guys!