Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle What-It!

Uncle What-It is Uncle Derrick in Maddie's language. She repeats all the sounds we make, so I guess Derrick sounds more like what-it to her. She crawls over to Derrick's door and bangs on it while yelling, "What-It! What-It!" She loves her uncle so much!

Back to Derrick's birthday... he turned 23 yesterday! Derrick specifically requested a pinata for his birthday. He loves it so much, he's not sure if he wants to fill it with candy and beat it apart.

I forget that every day is full of firsts for Maddie. For example, before yesterday, I don't think she has ever played with or even seen a balloon before. I think Maddie loved Derrick's balloons even more than he did.
She was absolutely enthralled. She laid on her back and watched the balloons for almost an hour.
And she was so thrilled that they were still here when she woke up this morning.
I know what to get Maddie for her birthday in a couple of weeks. :)

Look closely...all 6 of Maddie's teeth have finally cut through. Thank goodness.

We are all enjoying sleeping through the night again. :)

3 comments:

The Desatoff Family said...

Yay for the teeth Maddie! That is hard work :) I love the Uncle What-It! She is so sweet, banging on his door, I bet he feels so loved! I think Maddie needs a big treat for getting through all those teeth! We'll miss you at the Eatough circus this week...

Patrick & Jenn said...

Thanks for taking such good care of Derrick on his birthday! Maddie is such a big girl, I love the pictures of her teeth. I hope we get to see her for her birthday.

Millionaira said...

CUTE...and oh the jealousy...denna is cutting but i have no idea where in her mouth because they'll just pop through eventually, but DANG she's cranky