Friday, April 29, 2011

Sisters by blood, friends by choice...

My parents gave me the greatest gift ever ... siblings. I LOVED growing up in a big family and look back fondly on all the memories created with four sisters and a brother. Of course, there was the inevitable bickering and clothes stealing, but those memories are crowded out by all the fun times. Like staying up late laughing on school nights, helping each other get ready for formal dances, talking about boys, and having someone to talk to when mom and dad just didn't understand. I love each of my sisters and my brother and feel so grateful to have built-in eternal friends.

That's why I was so excited to give Maddie a sister.

Maddie was very thoughtful and quiet the day Macey was born. She was very sweet and gentle with her from the beginning. Here she is with her "Big Sister" shirt on! Macey was about 5 hours old in this picture. I love to think that the day Macey was born, a sister was also born in Maddie.

One of Maddie's favorite things to do is have Macey lie in her bed with her. She giggles and balls up her fists, shrieking with delight. I foresee lots of sister slumber parties!

Maddie spends a lot of time inspecting Macey. And Macey inspects Maddie right back.

Matching pajamas!

I love that look in Maddie's eyes - she ADORES her sister.

More sister slumber party time!

When I initially recorded this video, I thought it was ruined because Maddie decided it would be funny to startle Macey by hitting her. After watching it back, I think its a funny sibling video that should be shared. 

Here are my favorite highlights:
:04 The Mischievious Sideways Glance
:08 The Attack
:14 Loving A Little Too Rough

 Maddie sings and sings and sings all day long. I love it. Her latest favorite tunes are "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Popcorn Popping". She comes up with her own original songs as well. Here she is singing a song to her sister Macey. As you can see, she is very animated when she sings.

 Maddie & Macey at 7th Street Park.

Matching dresses!

I can hardly wait to watch my two girls grow up with a built-in best friend. They will bicker, steal each other's clothing, and not always like each other, but I know they'll always be there for each other just like my siblings are always there for me!

No comments: