Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Recap

Memorial Day weekend marked our first 100 degree temperature days here in Arizona. Welcome back triple digits! I am sure there are many more of you to come! The boats were rented out all weekend, so we spent a lot of time cooling off in the backyard. Maddie loves her pool and she loves it when Dada and I are in the pool with her. It makes for a tight fit, but neither one of us can resist a request from Maddie.

This is Maddie's new swimsuit this year ... I love her in yellow and I love the girly ruffles.
While shopping at WalMart last week, I found the Dizzy Daisy on clearance for $3.00! You stake it into the ground, hook it up to the hose, and it whips water all over the place. It is a lot of fun for $3.00!
Here is Maddie inspecting the Dizzy Daisy.
She was okay with it at this point.
And here she is after we turned it on.
Not too sure about that unpredictable flower...
She has warmed up to it now.

We spent the entire weekend grilling outside. My most favorite dinner is kabobs. I really don't believe there is anything more delicious than grilled chicken, pineapple, and veggies. And I love that it's such a healthy meal for our family. Oh, and the mess and the heat stay outside instead of in the kitchen - that's my favorite part.

Here's the before picture with chicken, pineapple, bell peppers, zucchini, potatoes, and cucumbers:
And the after...
It's 7am as I am typing this and I would eat this right now. Yum!
As I've mentioned before, we are self-proclaimed, fair-weather fans of our home town sports teams. If the Cardinals or Suns are doing well, we are on board. We had a ton of fun watching the Suns sweep the San Antonio Spurs and we watched every playoff game against the Lakers. Especially the heartbreaking loss on Saturday night. Darn those Lakers. And darn this guy.
Kobe, we hate you. You are so darn good.
Please come join the Suns. :)

We also got to catch up on some movies...
a luxury not commonly enjoyed with a 1 year old.
We Red Boxed "Dear John" and I liked it until there was no happy ending. I don't like those kinds of movies. I like to feel happy & resolved at the end of movies, not sad.
Our friends Cody & Emily brought over "Ironman" for us to watch and it was so good! I usually am not a fan of action movies like this, but I loved it. So after seeing that, we decided we needed to see "Ironman 2"!
I thought this one was just as great as the first one. Some of the fighting scenes dragged on a bit, but it was great! Maybe the Milloys are action movie fans now...

We hope you all had a fun and relaxing Memorial Day weekend too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, those kabobs look so delicious, I may need to fly over and get some! I LOVE Maddie's swimsuit; is it weird that I kind of want one in a grown up size?

Mom said...

Katie you'd be a beautiful preggo lemon! I'm sure Madison would be glad to let you borrow it :))

The Grandmoo said...

Wow love the new appearance of the blog. Love all your news. Maddie would look good in anything. Love the new swimsuit, always have been a fan of ruffles.