Monday, August 31, 2009

A Mountain BBQ and Cousin Time!

We went home for a quick visit this past weekend. It was nice to get out of the Phoenix heat for a couple of days. We went up to the mountains and had a Milloy family BBQ. Maddie had lots of fun exploring nature with Aunt Gwynne & getting dirty. These shoes used to be white! We bleached them when we got back to Grandma's house and they are white again. I am learning very quickly how to get stains out of clothes with a toddler running around. It is definitely a useful skill to have.Cousin time in the mountains!Bennett Milloy - Professional BBQer. I felt safer with a firefighter manning the grill. He was very official in his Smokey the Bear t-shirt. That's a mean looking face.Uncle Derrick! Maddie loves her Uncle Derrick. She's been calling him Derfick lately. It's a step up from What-It. Maddie and her mommy in the woods!
Maddie had lots of fun throwing rocks into the stream with her daddy.
Maddie played all weekend with her cousin Jasmine. I love that Jasmine is old enough now to interact with Maddie. They have babbling conversations with each other. I love this picture of Jasmine "talking" to Maddie.
Sharing!We think it's funny that the 2 girls are almost exactly the same size, even though Maddie is 7 months older than Jasmine.
I love taking pictures of cousin time! I love all the young pictures of me and my cousins and being able to look back at how long we've loved each other. I think Maddie and Jasmine are going to be great friends!


No comments: