Monday, February 2, 2009

Eating pears & almost crawling!

There was a big event at our house this week... Maddie ate pears - her first real food!
Here's the before picture of my nice, clean baby.And, the after picture. After each bite, she flaps her arms in excitement. And if I don't get the spoon out of the way in time, I end up covered in food too! She thinks it's fun to eat food, but she made some bitter faces. Her attitude is, "This food is fun to eat and play with, but where is my bottle?"

Maddie has decided it is time to crawl. She rocks back and forth on her hands and knees. She can put an arm or a knee forward, but she hasn't quite figured out to do those movements together. It's only a matter of time before she is everywhere!

This picture is so funny to me.
I was trying to take pictures of Maddie and myself, but I didn't see her facial expressions until I downloaded the pictures. This is one is my favorite. She looks like she's saying, "Knock it off. Stop taking pictures of me Mom." I have a feeling this attitude and look will resurface when she is a teenager.

5 comments:

The Milloys said...

Yea!!! That is so fun! Way to go Maddie!!

Katie said...

Kimmy, I love her! That IS a fantastic face, by the way.

The Desatoff Family said...

Oh my goodness! She is SO cute! I am trying to think of a better word because cute just doesn't cut it. :) I just want to scoop her up and kiss her! Six months and crawling? You are in trouble!

Elise said...

She is so stinkin cute! She seemed so interested in Blake this weekend and Blake was already pulling the whole boy thing of i am too cool! sad. Well thanks again for having us over for the superbowl. we had a great time!

The Grandmoo said...

All right Kim, Way to go.. Maddie is just adorable and her facial expressions are too funny. It is hard to believe that Maddie is already 6 months old, where does the time go. I really get a kick out of her little adventures. I just love her and of course you. too. Take Care, Your Grandmoo